myGreatDane Meal Plan
For all SUNY Poly Resident, University Apartment & Commuter Students
The myGreatDane Meal Plan will allow for a meal swipe during every scheduled meal periods/7 days a week at Indigenous and State Quad dining rooms, and also provides the flexibility to eat at retail locations at deep discounts with Discount Dollars.
The myGreatDane Meal Plan uses your ID card like a debit card account and carries your Discount Dollars to spend at retail locations for meals and beverages. Each time you swipe at a retail dining location, your meal plan’s Discount Dollars will get activated and the venue-specific discount (a 50% discount at campus/Sodexo retail brands and 30% discount at local/national retail brands) will be automatically calculated and the balance will be debited for your purchase. Your Discount Dollars’ remaining balance will appear on the register display and your receipt. Remember your meal plan is tax free, so you will also be saving an additional 8% on all discounted sale prices. Please note that other campus funds will not activate these discounts, i.e., Munch Money, Podium, Campus Gold, F/S Dining Plan. You will also use your ID card to 'swipe-in' (for tracking purposes only) at resident dining locations-no Discount Dollars will be debited.
*In light of the hardships imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic, UAS is implementing a temporary change to the Discount Dollar policy. Any Discount Dollars remaining at the end of the Spring 2021 term will now roll over to the Fall 2021-Spring 2022 academic year.*
Meal Plan Discounts
|50% off your purchase||30% off your purchase|
Corner Deli Bagel
For Example: If you go to the Fountain Grill and order a burger, fries and 24 oz beverage, you will pay:
- $12.17* without Discount Dollars (plus tax)
- $6.09* with Discount Dollars (50% discount, no tax added)
Note: Prices on the menu boards list the current retail prices. For students on meal plans, there is signage clearly indicating what discount is offered per venue (i.e., 60%, 50%, or 30%). Applicable discounts are reflected at registers.
Meal plans are purchased per semester. The per semester pricing and details of the myGreatDane Meal Plan are as follows:
|Fall 2021 Price||Discount Dollars|
Kosher meals are provided by a local market and available for pick-up in 518 Market. Please email IDCard@albany.edu to receive access to the pre-order form.
- Available option for all students (e.g., resident, apartment, commuter, SUNY Poly)
- All SUNY Poly freshmen living in resident halls are required to have the myGreatDane Meal Plan (#1 or #2)
- Option #1 is automatically assigned to all SUNY Poly freshmen living in resident housing.
- Resident freshmen can change to myGreatDane Meal Plan #2 starting July 1, 2021 through September 3, 2021.
- Meal plans are purchased per semester.
- Students can add up to $500 more in Discount Dollars per semester
- The myGreatDane Meal Plan comes with Discount Dollars that activate discounts at all retail dining locations (50% Sodexo/in-house brands and 30% local/regional/national brands)
- The myGreatDane Meal Plan will allow for a meal swipe during every scheduled meal period/7 days a week at Indigenous and State Quad dining halls.
- 518 Market and vending do not provide discounts when using Discount Dollars (use Munch Money/Podium/Campus Gold/credit)
- Discount Dollars carry over from fall semester to spring semester but expire at the end of spring semester
- The plan is tax free (additional 8% savings on discounted price)
- Meal plans are activated when residence halls officially open for occupancy and end when they officially close. During times when the resident hall dining rooms are closed, but the resident halls are open, Discount Dollars and/or Munch Money can be used in retail locations.
- Non-freshmen students that have studied abroad, completed an internship or were off-campus for another approved reason during the previous semester and are now living in a resident hall, will automatically be assigned the myFlex Meal Plan #2, but can change during the add/change period.
- If a resident hall student moves into a University apartment or off campus, his/her meal plan will be removed unless the student notifies the ID Card office requesting continuation of his/her meal plan.
- All meal plans (i.e., myGreatDane, myFlex and myChoice) and Munch Money are exempt from NYS sales tax, and therefore cannot be used to purchase guest meals, and cannot be refunded, changed or transferred after the add/drop period. See the UAlbany Dining Meal Plan Refund/Change policy for more information.