myUnlimited Meal Plan
For all Resident, University Apartment & Commuter Students
The myUnlimited Meal Plan gives you the opportunity to have unlimited meals (i.e., swipe in as much as you want during the hours operation) at the all-you-care-to-eat dining halls (Indian, State, and Alumni), and also provides the flexibility to eat at retail locations at deep discounts with Discount Dollars.
The myUnlimited Meal Plan uses your ID card like a debit card account and carries your Discount Dollars to spend at retail locations for meals and beverages. Each time you swipe at a retail dining location, your meal plan’s Discount Dollars will get activated and the venue-specific discount (a 50% discount at campus/Sodexo retail brands and 30% discount at local/national retail brands) will be automatically calculated and the balance will be debited for your purchase. Your Discount Dollars’ remaining balance will appear on the register display and your receipt. Remember your meal plan is tax free, so you will also be saving an additional 8% on all discounted sale prices. Please note that other campus funds will not activate these discounts, i.e., Munch Money, Podium, Campus Gold, F/S Dining Plan. You will also use your ID card to 'swipe-in' (for tracking purposes only) at resident dining locations-no Discount Dollars will be debited.
Meal Plan Discounts
|50% off your purchase||30% off your purchase|
The Corner Deli
Stocks & Stems
Zime (Massry & Downtown)
1844 Restaurant (formerly Patroon Room)
If you go to the Fountain Grill and order a burger, fries and 16oz beverage, you will pay:
$9.47* without Discount Dollars (plus tax)
$4.74* with Discount Dollars (50% discount, no tax added)
Note: Prices on the menu boards list the current retail prices. For students on meal plans, there is signage clearly indicating what discount is offered per venue (i.e., 60%, 50%, or 30%). Applicable discounts are reflected at registers.
Meal plans are purchased per semester. The per semester pricing and details of the myUnlimited Meal Plan are as follows:
|Plan Price||Discount Dollars|
Kosher: Students can add a KOSHER MEAL PLAN for $100 additional (allows for unlimited access to the Kosher Kitchen at Indian Quad). Students can elect to either pay an additional $100 or deduct $100 in Discount Dollars.
• Available option for all students (e.g., resident, apartment and commuter)
• All freshmen living in resident halls are required to have the myUnlimited Meal Plan (#1 or #2)
• Option #1 is automatically assigned to all freshmen living in resident housing.
• Resident freshmen can change to myUnlimited Meal Plan #2 starting December 30, 2018 through February 5, 2019.
• Meal plans are purchased per semester.
• Students can add up to $500 more in Discount Dollars per semester
• The myUnlimited Meal Plan comes with Discount Dollars that activate discounts at all retail dining locations (50% Sodexo/in-house brands and 30% local/regional/national brands)
• The myUnlimited Meal Plan also provides unlimited meal swipes at all resident dining rooms
• 518 Market and vending do not provide discounts when using Discount Dollars (use Munch Money/Podium/Campus Gold/cash/credit)
• Discount Dollars carry over from fall semester to spring semester but expire at the end of spring semester
• Discount Dollars will carry over from fall to spring even if a spring meal plan is not purchased
• The plan is tax free (additional 8% savings on discounted price)
• Meal plans are activated when residence halls officially open for occupancy and end when they officially close. During times when the all-you-care-to-eat resident hall dining rooms are closed, but the resident halls are open, Discount Dollars and/or Munch Money can be used in retail locations.
• Non-freshmen students that have studied abroad, completed an internship or were off-campus for another approved reason during the previous semester and are now living in a resident hall, will automatically be assigned the myFlex Meal Plan #2, but can change during the add/change period.
• If a resident hall student moves into a University apartment or off campus, his/her meal plan will be removed unless the student notifies the ID Card office requesting continuation of his/her meal plan.
• All meal plans (i.e., myUnlimited, myFlex and myChoice) and Munch Money are exempt from NYS sales tax, and therefore cannot be used to purchase guest meals, and cannot be refunded, changed or transferred after the add/drop period. See the UAlbany Dining Meal Plan Refund/Change Policy at www.ualbanydining.com for more information.