myFlex Meal Plan
For all Resident Freshmen, Non-Freshman, University Apartment & Commuter Students
The myFlex Meal Plan, with five (5) options and the ability to add more to your plan as you go, was designed so you have the freedom to eat when you want and where you want, with no restrictions. It’s the ultimate lifestyle meal plan because the myFlex plan has NO FIXED MEAL SWIPES at resident dining rooms! You can choose--100% of the time--where YOU want to dine.
The myFlexMeal Plan is a completely new kind of meal plan for the UAlbany campus! It was designed in response to students' requests to have greater flexibility to eat at retail venues. We also wanted to give students greater access to all the new and exciting Campus Center retail dining locations. SUNY Poly Students click here for your myFlex plan.
The plan works as follows:
- The myFlex Meal Plan has a base cost and a balance of Discount Dollars. This base cost covers utilities, maintenance, repairs, rent, and the labor needed to support the food service program.
- The myFlex Meal Plan allows you to use your Discount Dollars like a declining balance account on your ID card. Discount Dollars can be used at all retail and resident dining locations for meals and beverages. Each time you use your ID card at a dining location, your meal plan’s Discount Dollars will get activated and the venue-specific discount ( a 50% discount at campus/Sodexo retail brands and 30% discount at local/national retail brands) will be automatically calculated and the balance will be debited for your purchase. Your remaining Discount Dollars balance will appear on the register display and your receipt. Remember also your meal plan is tax free, so you will also be saving an additional 8% on all discounted sale prices. Please note that other campus funds will not activate these discounts, i.e., Munch Money, Podium, Campus Gold, F/S Dining Plan.
If you go to the Fountain Grill and order a burger, fries and 24 oz beverage, you will pay:
$12.17* without Discount Dollars (plus tax)
$6.09* with Discount Dollars (50% discount, no tax added)
Note: Prices on the menu boards list the current retail prices. For students on meal plans, there is signage clearly indicating what discount is offered per venue (i.e., 60%, 50% or 30%). Applicable discounts are reflected at registers.
Meal plans are purchased per semester. The per semester pricing and details of the myFlex Meal Plan are as follows:
Spring 2021 Price
|Base Cost||Discount Dollars|
KOSHER: Students on a myFlex plan do not purchase a separate Kosher Meal Plan like the myGreatDane Meal Plan students but must email IDcard@albany.edu to receive access to the pre-order form.
- Available option to freshmen and non-freshmen living in resident halls, and university apartment and commuter students of any class standing
- Option #2 will automatically be assigned to freshmen and non-freshmen living in resident halls.
- Resident freshmen can change to myFlex Meal Plan #1 starting December 30, 2020 through February 12, 2021.
- Resident non-freshmen can change to any other myFlex Meal Plan (option #1 - #5) starting December 30, 2020 through February 12, 2021.
- University apartment and commuter students do not have to purchase a meal plan, but can add any available meal plan (myFlex or myChoice) starting December 30, 2020 through February 12, 2021.
- University apartment and commuter students that purchase a meal plan can change to any other meal plan (myFlex #1 - #5, or myChoice Meal Plan #1 - #3)
- Meal plans are purchased per semester.
- The myFlex Meal Plan comes with Discount Dollars that activate discounts in all campus-wide retail dining venues (50% off Sodexo/in-house brands and 30% off local/regional/national brands).
- 518 Market and vending do not provide a discount when using Discount Dollars (use Munch Money/Podium/Campus Gold/cash/credit) - with the exception of green mountain coffee, fruits and vegetables, sushi.
- Students can add up to $500 more in Discount Dollars per semester
- Discount Dollars carry over from fall semester to spring semester but expire at the end of spring semester
- Tax free (additional 8% savings on discounted price).
SUNY Poly students livingat UAlbany may have differentmeal plan requirementsbased upon class year andresidence.Please click here for additionaldetails and information.
- Meal plans are activated when residence halls officially open for occupancy and end when they officially close. During times when the resident hall dining rooms are closed, but the resident halls are open, Discount Dollars and/or Munch Money can be used in retail locations.
- Non-freshmen students that have studied abroad, completed an internship or were off-campus for another approved reason during the previous semester and are now living in a resident hall, will automatically be assigned to the myFlex Meal Plan #2, but can change during the add/change period.
- If a resident hall student moves into a University apartment or off campus, his/her meal plan will be removed unless the student notifies the ID Card office requesting continuation of his/her meal plan.
- All meal plans (i.e., myGreatDane, myFlex and myChoice) and Munch Money are exempt from NYS sales tax, and therefore cannot be used to purchase guest meals, and cannot be refunded, changed or transferred after the add/drop period. See the UAlbany Dining Meal Plan Refund/Change Policy at www.ualbanydining.com for more information.