(the above form must be filled out and either delivered to the SUNYCard Office or emailed to SUNYCard@albany.edu from your @ualbany.edu email address)
2016 Summer Munch Money Meal Plan Information:
• The Summer Munch Money Meal Plan is OPTIONAL unless a student is enrolled in a program or on a team that includes a specific dining component, in which case, the head of the program or team will enroll these students in a plan that has been specifically designed for the program. If you are unsure about any summer meal plan requirements associated with your program or team, please contact your department head or coach.
• Any summer student without a program or team on a required meal plan may choose to enroll in the Summer Munch Money Meal Plan and have the cost charged to his/her student account.
o Minimum deposit $50
o Deposits of $100 or more receives a 5% bonus. Please allow 24 hours after the deposit is made to access the bonus money (e.g., $100 purchase will give you $5 in bonus dollars)
• To select the Summer Munch Money Meal Plan, University Apartment and commuter students as well as interns must complete and submit a summer meal plan enrollment/deposit form by 9am Friday of the week prior to the plan going into effect.
• If a student is billing the plan to his/her student account, the form may be emailed to SUNYCard@albany.edu from that student’s UAlbany email address. Forms received from an alternative email address or someone else’s email address will NOT be processed.
• Once enrolled in the Summer Munch Money Meal Plan, future deposits can be made in one of the following ways:
o GET SUNYCard Online Services by credit card;
o Submitting a summer meal plan enrollment/deposit form by 9am Friday of the week prior to the plan going into effect.
• Summer Munch Money Meal Plan is non-refundable even if a student arrives late or withdraws sooner than expected.
• Any unspent balance associated with the Summer Munch Money Meal Plan will be “rolled over” as regular Munch Money into the fall semester and be available until end of a student’s enrollment at the University or spring commencement, whichever comes first.
• If a student does not enrolled in the fall, unspent balances will be forfeit.
• Additional meal plan details available online at https://ualbanydining.com/dining-plans.html
Students Attending Summer Programs on Scholarships and Grants
Scholarships and grants sometimes include requirements for summer meal plans. If that is the situation for certain programs and teams, a membership roster must be submitted by the program director/coach to SUNYCard at least two weeks in advance of the program start date. Please indicate the following:
1. Program description and primary contact
2. Meal plan start and end dates
3. Meal plan description
4. Full student names and ID numbers
This roster will be used to override any alternative selection made by a student and the appropriate meal plan will be charged to a student’s account. The department submitting this list will be responsible for all charges applied in this manner. If the list changes, it is the department’s responsibility to notify SUNYCard by 3pm on the Friday prior to any meal plan start week so that any charges can be removed from students’ accounts. Once a meal plan week ends, refunds will not be issued for that week.
Summer 2016 Meal Plan FAQ and Change/Refund Policy Information
• A SUNYCard gives a student (or faculty/staff) access to residential housing, academic buildings and campus funds (i.e., meal plan, Podium etc.). A SUNYCard functions as if it is a 'house' key and credit card – combined. It should be carried at all times and kept safe/secure.
• A SUNYCard is REQUIRED for all campus funds transactions. A student (or faculty/staff) will not be allowed to use his/her meal plan or other campus funds without presenting a valid SUNYCard to the cashier.
• A SUNYCard may only be used by the person identified in the photo. It is every card holder’s responsibility to report a lost or stolen SUNYCard. Refunds are not provided for money or meals fraudulently spent on a SUNYCard. To deactivate a card, go to GET: SUNYCard Online Services via MyUAlbany
• It is a crime to use someone else’s SUNYCard. Cards being used fraudulently will be confiscated and destroyed. Penalties can include card replacement costs, campus conduct referral, fines and arrest.
Obtaining or Replacing a SUNYCard:New Students (freshmen and transfer students)
• Any new incoming students should be signing up for an orientation session. Complete orientation session instructions is available at http://www.albany.edu/welcome/freshman.php
• All new students must upload a photo at least ONE WEEK PRIOR to arriving on Campus
• New students must pay their admissions deposit and setup their MyUAlbany account before uploading a photo for ID. Go to this webpage for more information: http://www.albany.edu/welcome/freshman_myualbany.php
• Because the photo upload process requires students to login with their NetID and password, it MUST be done by a student. Program directors and coaches cannot complete this process.
• Below are the steps to upload an ID photo:
1. Login to MyUAlbany using your NetID and password
2. Select the “Campus Life” tab
3. Select “SUNYCard Online Services,” on the left, under SUNYCard Services (You will be brought to the GET: SUNYCard Online Services site)
4. Select “Click here to login”
5. Select “Upload ID Photo” on the right
6. Follow instructions to upload a current photo for production.
• The first SUNYCard is received at no charge upon arrival at orientation and after presenting an original form of photo identification (e.g. driver’s license or passport).
• All students and employees at UAlbany are required to have a SUNYCard
• Lost or damaged SUNYCards must be replaced immediately:
1. If a card is lost or stolen, it should be immediately deactivated at https://get.cbord.com/albany/full/prelogin.php
2. The SUNYCard Office in Campus Center B-52 is open between 8am and 4pm Monday through Friday during the summer to obtain new and replacement cards
3. The fee to replace a lost, stolen or visibly damaged SUNYCard is $20; this can be charged to your student account or paid with cash/credit card
4. There is no charge for a first card or a card that has stopped working due to normal wear and tear
5. Temporary cards are available in quad offices and UPD when SUNYCard is closed.